It’s been about 2 months since I’ve started updating this blog regularly (I created it in December, then fell off for a while as I was struggling with stuff, which you can read about here). I’m happy to say that I’m really excited about the content I’m producing. I have a ton of fun sharing my life in adventure, traveling, beauty, and really anything else with you guys! The feedback I have been receiving has been overwhelmingly positive and I am SO thankful to all of you that read my blog regularly and have given me the support to get the Blogger Recognition Award!
With that being said, I was recently given a Blogger Recognition Award by Jacqueline from Distant and Local. Thank you SO much for your nomination. It really means so much! 🙂
The Start of Cassie’s Big Adventure
I talk briefly about why I started this blog in my About Me, but I wanted to give you a little more insight to my corner of the internet. Back a couple years ago now, I started another blog. It was really random and had very little direction and to be honest I was completely overwhelmed with school to put much effort into making it something I enjoyed. I really wasn’t pleased with the name, the content, or the design, so I shut it down.
After starting my full-time job as an engineer at GE, I realized that I needed a creative outlet. I had science, I had fitness, but I didn’t really have much else (besides makeup, because I love it and it is definitely art to me). So I decided to start up this blog again. I only put up a couple of posts before going on a hiatus again, but over the last few months I had so many plans for traveling and adventuring, that I wanted somewhere to document it. What better place than my own little corner of the internet! In fact, reading Mostly Morgan’s blog on Why YOU should start a blog inspired me to lay my passion out here.
So, that is where I am now. I have so so so much to learn, but I am happy to be sharing the things I love and love to do with you and hopefully inspire you to live a life you are happy with.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Write about what you ENJOY. People always talk about finding your ‘niche’ and while I think that can be important, it’s also important to remember to find something you enjoy writing about. If you enjoy it, the audience will grow, because they will see your passion shine through.
- Learn how to utilize Pinterest. I am still terrible at using this platform, but from what I’ve learned so far, it has helped tremendously in my blog growth and it can help reach users that you might not have gotten with other forms of social media! You can follow my Pinterest boards here!
Blogger Recognition Award Nominees
Now it is my turn to choose 15 new bloggers to pass on this awesome award to! I hope you will check them out 🙂
- The Traveling Lady Bug
- Beginning to Wander
- Push 25 Lifestyle
- The Token Millenial
- Abby Siler Fitness
- Gypsy Girl Travel Diaries
- Encourage Thyself
- Travels Radar
- Washington Sky Photography
- A Spa Day Everyday
- Uncharted Course of Vision
Congratulations and be sure to pass it on using the following guidelines:
Again, thank you all so much for your support! I enjoy it so much, and having an interactive audience makes it all the more fun 🙂